B-SCC safety training course, exam and certificate (VCA Basis)
- At your work site or in one of our training centres
- A nationally recognised certificate after completion
- Valid for 10 years
Description and purpose of the training course
SCC (in Dutch: VCA) stands for Safety Health and the Environment (SHE) Checklist Contractors and is intended to help you work more safely and to reduce the number of (fatal) accidents. Employers and clients demand that you have sufficient readily available knowledge with regard to safety, health and environment. In order to acquire this knowledge, you can take the Basic Elements of Safety SCC (B-SCC) training course with Boels.
Boels takes care of the entire training route for you, from the course and exam up to the certificate itself. After completing the SCC training course, you are ready to take the SCC exam. Our experienced and skilled instructors will ensure that you are fully prepared for taking the SCC examination.
During the SCC training, the theory is explained step by step. Afterwards, test exams help you prepare for the SCC exam. If you register well in advance, you will receive the theory book before the course starts. This gives you time to become familiar with the material of the course and examination. After completing the training, the SCC exam will take place on the same day under supervision of an independent third party.
- Hazards, risks and prevention
- Accidents: causes and prevention
- Safe behaviour
- Tasks, duties, obligations and consultation
- Procedures and instructions
- Preparing for emergency situations
- Hazardous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Work tools
- Specific work and circumstances
- Electricity and radiation
- Ergonomic workplace
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Due to a change in legislation, the (provisional) results will not be announced directly after the exam. The definite results will be made available for all exam candidates on the website of the SCC examination data-bank: www.vca.ssvv.nl.
After successfully completing the training, you will receive the SCC Basic Safety certificate and a pass in credit-card format for use at the work site. These will be sent to you by post.
- You can also take the exam without participating in the course itself.
- It is possible to do an audio exam.
- The course can be taken in Dutch, English, German and Polish.
- The exam can be taken in all SSVV (Foundation Cooperation for Safety) standard languages.
Register for a training course?
- Group training at any location of your choice with an approved training room or at one of the Boels training centres.
- Individual registration at one of our training locations (subject to availability)
Lesson + exam: 1 day - maximum 8 hours
Maximum group size:
Participants take a written and nationally recognised exam at the end of this course.