- At your work site or in one of our training centres
- Meets the legal requirements in the Netherlands and Belgium
- Including competency test
Description and purpose of the training course
When using a telescopic handler, it is important for you to be familiar with the functions and operation of the machine. Furthermore, you should always be fully aware of all the possible risks.
After successful completion of this training course, you will know how to use a telescopic handler safely and how you can limit the risks when using a telescopic handler.
This training also contributes to increasing the efficiency and reducing the number of machine malfunctions, and improves the safety awareness of the participants.
The training course consists of a theoretical and a practical component. You will apply the theory you have learnt directly in practice, which gives the course an interactive nature.
There is a hands-on competency test at the end of the training course. Our experienced and skilled instructors will ensure that you are fully prepared for taking the competency test.
- Daily maintenance
- Safety instructions and warnings
- Statutory provisions
- Determining the load (load moment centre)
- Using the correct load carriers
- Theoretical explanation of the machines
- Responsibilities of the telescopic handler driver
- Vehicle inspection
- Practical exercises on set track
The ‘Working safely with a telescopic handler’ training course meets the legal requirements for operating a telescopic handler in the Netherlands and Belgium. After completing the training course, you will receive a certificate and proof of participation in credit-card format for use at the work site. These will be sent to you by post.
To operate a telescopic handler in Germany you require a different training. The trainers of Boels are also authorised to provide this training and, after successful completion, will certify you to operate a forklift in Germany.
Register for a training course?
- Group training at any location of your choice with an approved training room or at one of the Boels training centres.
- Individual registration (subject to availability)
1 day - 8 hours
Maximum group size:
- The minimum age of participation is 18
in accordance with the Working Conditions Act (Arbo-wet / ARAB-codex)